April 15, 2010

You Say



Looking skyward on Bruce's front 300, spring 2009

Listen to and/or download the song
---> The Efts - You Say
YouTube version ---> You Say - The Efts

This is a quirky little ditty I wrote and recorded in about an hour. We had been visiting some family and a comment was made that Lolo needed to hurry up and have kids. I got thinking about various expectations and *voila* this song was born. I remember having tears in my eyes when I sang the part about light coming out of her eyes. Happens sometimes.


I recently (April 20 2010) re-recorded the vocals using the Snowball microphone. I think it improves the quality of this song. The mushiness of the vocals in the previous version bothered me. The ability to use the on-board microphone is a nice option, but unfortunately it also records all other ambient sounds, white noise, etc. The Snowball microphone (I feel like an advertisement) is wonderful - directional, focused and crisp recordings. Thanks again for the microphone Dylan and Deanie!

Lyrics: You say you don't wanna be a rocker baby. You say you don't wanna be a star. You say you don't wanna cruise the blocker baby. You say you don't wanna big car. Everybody wants to see you with a baby baby. Everybody wants to see you go far. You tell 'em you are gonna get a rocket baby. You tell 'em you are gonna see the stars. Your ride is gonna be up on a rocket baby. Your ride is gonna take you up to the stars. Your light is gonna shine out of your eyes baby. Your light is gonna shine down on us all.

Please leave a comment for The Efts about this song

No comments:

Post a Comment