April 15, 2010

Not a Handsome Man


Two of our many alts - Challah and Pumpernickel

Listen to the song
---> The Efts - Not a Handsome Man
YouTube version ---> Not a Handsome Man - The Efts

This is one of the latest songs we wrote and it's real exciting for a couple of reasons. First of all, Lolo sings on this tune! I wrote my part and gave it to her for Valentine's Day 2010. Within a week she had her part worked out. After 2 hours of tinkering, she presented this version of the song to me. I was overwhelmed. I'm really hoping this prompts more duets in the future. The way Lolo overlayed her voice worked out great. She's a natural! This song is also exciting because it commemorates our 20th Valentines Day together. 20 years!!! We're awesome.

Lyrics: I am not a handsome man. No no no. (Yes you are to me) Cracks and flaws on the gemstone of my soul. (Makes you mine for all time) Your beauty makes up for the ugliness of myself. (But your heart is full of kindness) Your cool water tempers my steel. (And your flame keeps me sane) Your ways will save my days from my nights. (Your ways will save my nights from my days) You are the cat and I'm the tree. Your feral claws are the answer to my spells. My bells will ring and sing. (I am the bear you are the priest. Your healing spells are the answer to my growls Your bells will sing and ring).

Please leave a comment for The Efts about this song

5 comments:

  1. So Shannon played this for me and I really liked it. I loved listening to it in the truck, but it did disturb me a little. It seemed kinda negative, self-doubting. I decided I had to write a rebuttle. I would sing along while driving and try out some lyrics in between Shan's lines. When I'd get to my destination I would jot down lyrics on my Palm. I'm not one to sing much except in the car and in front of my first grade class. I don't really like hearing my voice on this recording but it was a lot of fun to surprise Shannon for once after all of his songs for me. We hope to collaborate more on future songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love both of you, and it was very special to hear this romantic duet and to know that you still complete each other's thoughts (and phrases) through the depth of your love. Music and lyrics were very moving, and we, like Lolo, hope you will continue to collaborate. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon and Lolo, I can tell in your song together how much you love each other and enjoy singing together. I believe you should do more of it. I love the pictures. Working with Shannon I have to say he is a wonderful person and has a great sense of humor and a happy spirit. My prayer is you will always be singing and doing what you love together as one. My husband and I celebrated our 30th Anniversary in October. He doesn't know how to sing but he gives a great back massage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very interesting to see this side of you. We usually only get to see the "Space Police" side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

    ReplyDelete