March 04, 2011

Zeros and Ones


Listen to/download this song --> Zeros and Ones - The Efts
Listen to the YouTube version --> Zeros and Ones - The Efts

After Dylan worked so hard to host my music I was inspired to write a new tune this afternoon. This is a quickie based on an idea I had to embed binary code within a song. When connected, all of the zeros and ones in this song equal 'I heart U'. Sigh, I'm such a dork. Also I experimented with bitcrushing the vocals on this one.

Lyrics:

0100100
I want to be your digital hero

1001000
Don't want to be a binary Nero

0000111
Returning my waves back to the sun

1000011
Set my signal free to seek and run

I'm reducing this message to it's basic parts.
I'm reducing this packet size for you.

0011001
My pulse is beating off and on

0000001
My work has only just begun.

010101

2 comments:

  1. I really like the melody of this one!! Especially the backup after the binary code.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =) I used a bit crusher effect on one of the harmonies on that part, and did a bass reduction on the other harmony. The combined effect was pretty neat, yeah! Serendipitous experimenting, yay!

    ReplyDelete