May 10, 2011

My Science Garden

An early incarnation of Lolo's science garden

Download/Listen to this song --> My Science Garden - The Efts
Listen to the YouTube version --> My Science Garden - The Efts

I had Lolo in mind when I wrote this song. She has a carefully planned garden in front of our house. Raised beds, companion planting, customized soil mixtures, and many exciting botanical discoveries have made this a focal point in Lolo's vision for our property. I'm hoping this song will be re-recorded in the near future with Lolo's voice replacing mine. It's her science garden, after all.

Lyrics:

This space is mine.
I carved out of the world out in front of my house.
I see it every day.

When I close my eyes
I am in my science garden.

I made it better
nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus
I worked it into the clay.

It's my reflection
See me trade sweat and dirt with the earth
Beg the sun for it's ray

It's my obsession
Hypothesize with the hedge bindweed
and I theorize with the thistle seed

No comments:

Post a Comment