April 16, 2010

I Saw Her Standing By the Curb


First ever picture taken of us. Ohiopyle, PA 1989

Listen to the song
---> The Efts - I Saw Her Standing By the Curb

Except for one song recorded before getting a Mac, all of my songs on this blog were created using GarageBand on a Powerbook G4. I've spent a lot of time tweaking settings, downloading loops, experimenting with sounds, etc. While I certainly have a long way to go before I really feel comfortable with my songs, I feel like I have a much better handle on the usage of GarageBand now. This song was one of my very first attempts at using the software. The vocals are not good. I like the words, but the quality of the recording is bad. Nevertheless, I've uploaded this song for the sake of posterity. I built the main synthesizer loop in this song using the Bubblegum effect (I love that buzz sound) coupled with an octave effect for the bass.

This song was mostly written a few years prior to getting the Mac. I wrote it with an actual guitar in mind but it was easy to make the transition to GarageBand for recording purposes.

Lyrics: I saw her standing by the curb. She was new. She was cute. Weeks went by. We were both so shy. I knew it would behoove me to take her to a movie. We dated all through high school and we always had good times. After graduation we both knew it was time. So we had a little wedding with some friends and family. And we moved to an apartment and we got real jobs. Every day was even better than the last one. And I loved her even more and even more. And now it's been 10 years and we just got started. And we have a little house and it's in the woods. And we have a couple dogs and they're really nice. She's still my bestest friend and I am her's too. We take walks around the forest. We hold hands together. And we do stuff on the chore list unless it's rainy weather. And we like to watch our shows Simpsons and Survivor. And we like to play our games. Ravenholdt's our server.

Please leave a comment for The Efts about this song

No comments:

Post a Comment