May 02, 2010

Ring of Fire


Camping in Dolly Sods 1994

Listen to the song ---> The Efts - Ring of Fire
YouTube version ---> Ring of Fire - The Efts

I've never tried karaoke. Lolo and I have discussed our options and I decided I'd probably go with the Social Distortion version of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire for my first karaoke attempt. Subsequent discussions with Dylan and Deanie brought to my attention that maybe doing a cover song would be fun. So here's my attempt at covering the only song to which I can comfortably remember the lyrics (which is the primary reason for this being my main karaoke choice).

Please leave a comment for The Efts about this song.

3 comments:

  1. This is the first song that Shannon started with the lyrics instead of a sound, beat, or loop. After I listened to the harmonies alone, I suggested a whistling part. Shannon has an amazing whistle. I love the echo effect that he added to the beginning and end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
    would love to hear lolo singing 'ring. of. fire. ring. of. fire.' in some places??
    love love love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete